apizzol1

Where the Night Kind Roam

I review paranormal romance, urban fantasy, contemporary romance, historical romance, new adult and some young adult.

The Temptation of Lila and Ethan (The Secret, #3)
Jessica Sorensen
Angels' Pawn (Guild Hunter, #0.5)
Nalini Singh
Making the First Move
Reese Ryan
Choose Your Shot: An Interactive Erotic Adventure (Long Shots #5) - Christine d'Abo Reviewed for:
Lets Get Romantical

What a great concept for erotica, you get to choose where the story goes; you can pick different scenarios and then go back and try something new. Due to the nature of the story(s) I’m not quite sure how to go about reviewing this book but I’ll do my best. . It’s like 3+ stories in one. I did go back and try different scenes and take Tegan through different possibilities. It was quite fun, I do have to admit.

So the choose your own adventure part of the book is fun and intriguing you get to take Tegan through her paces. Decide you don’t like one of the scenes, that’s ok, go try a different one. There are several scenes within scenes that you can choose from making this all sorts of fun.
As for the story(s) itself, I have been a fan of the Long Shots series by Christine D’Abo for a while so I was excited to see this one pop up. Mavericks is back after a year absence after the fire, only now Paul is in charge. If we met Tegan in one of the previous books, I don’t remember her, but that’s ok. I like that Tegan is a switch that allows for more opportunity to choose your own adventure. For me I preferred the scene as her as a Sub, I have to admit, I found Master Grant sexy. So this was my favorite scene, I also tried her out as a Domme. For me the Domme scenario didn’t seem as natural to her. I do admit that I skipped the Eli scenario, I was curious about him but I read the Master Grant scene first and Eli lost his appeal, I’ll probably go back to it but for now, I’m letting it lie. Adam was enjoyable as a character, he’s a sub, but not too submissive. He really just wants to please a woman, he gets off on it. Who wouldn’t want a man that all he wants to do is make you happy? It’s an intriguing concept, but as mentioned this scene felt a little more forced.

What I didn’t like about the choose your adventure is I felt like we didn’t get to know the characters as well. It’s like little snippets of who they are. The endings are also very abrupt to me. The romance lover in me wanted to see more of a conclusive outcome for each of the scenes. I think that could have been elaborated on more, instead of.. BAM “The End”. I didn’t feel like I got my HEA with any of the scenes, we were on our way to it, but it gets cut off.

Overall, I really enjoyed this concept which may not be new in general, but is new to this genre. It is different and fun. I do feel like there is some room for improvement, but it’s a great start and if Christine D’Abo decides to do another, I’d probably read it. Do I want to see all my erotica this way, no not really, but as a once in a while treat, sure. Maybe, we can get a Tegan 2nd go around to see how these scenes turned out after they leave the club or all new scenes.
Rating: 4

*This book was provided to me through NetGalley for an honest review, no other compensation was provided.