apizzol1

Where the Night Kind Roam

I review paranormal romance, urban fantasy, contemporary romance, historical romance, new adult and some young adult.

The Temptation of Lila and Ethan (The Secret, #3)
Jessica Sorensen
Angels' Pawn (Guild Hunter, #0.5)
Nalini Singh
Making the First Move
Reese Ryan
Gabriella - Celia Kyle Reviewed for: Where the Night Kind Roam

Review:
This is the first book I have read by Celia Kyle and I have to say I quite enjoyed it. It was a quick read but didn’t lack for substance. The characters had surprising depth for such a short book. Jack was our tortured soul who feared that he would succumb to the same brutally that his father did. His father ended up massacring pretty much his entire village. Jack and Berke are best friends and are meant to be an Alpha pair, but Jacks past has held him frozen in fear. That was mostly fine with Berke until Gabriella… An alpha marked human female is fated for an Alpha pair, when an alpha marked turns 30 and has not yet mated she is required to attend the Gathering to find her mate. No one is more shocked then her when her mate(s) turn out to be a non-alpha pair. On top of that Jack rejects her as a mate, which is unheard of. Gabriella is sassy and takes no shit, not even from her mates! When Jack rejects her, even though everything within her calls her to him she refuses be with an A-hole who doesn’t want her, fate or not. Berke wants Gabriella with every fiber of his being. The only thing that his holding him back from everything that he wants in his life is Jack. Berke knows he’s an Alpha Pair with Jack and has been since they were small children. Together they are stronger, but Jacks fear has been holding them both back. When Jacks fear rejects Gabriella, Berke has finally had it with his friend. He wants Gabriella and he wants to fulfill his destiny as an Alpha Pair. It’s time… Berke remains steady through the entire book, he knows what he wants and is willing to do what is needed to get everyone on the same page, but he has his work cut out for him. This book takes you on a fun, steamy, snarky ride that you will quite enjoy. Beware of hot Alphas and snarky sassy female and steamy ménage sex scenes.

Rating: