apizzol1

Where the Night Kind Roam

I review paranormal romance, urban fantasy, contemporary romance, historical romance, new adult and some young adult.

The Temptation of Lila and Ethan (The Secret, #3)
Jessica Sorensen
Angels' Pawn (Guild Hunter, #0.5)
Nalini Singh
Making the First Move
Reese Ryan
The Wicked - Thea Harrison Reviewed on:
Lets Get Romantical
Where the Night Kind Roam

I have to say I quite enjoyed this novella, it was short but sweet. We originally meet Olivia in Oracle’s Moon; she quickly becomes Grace’s friend and is a witch at the largest witches’ library of the Elder Races. She tends to be quiet but is ready for adventure so she takes the opportunity to pack up Carling’s personal library. She never expected that her life was about to get significantly more exciting. Sebastian is under a Curse, as an Owl Wyr his eyesight is one of his greatest strengths; but the curse is winning against his natural defenses and he is slowly losing his site. He is drowning in boredom and misery when he takes the position as head of security to transport Carlings personal library. He never expected that his boredom was about to come to end, but there is still the curse to deal with.

From the moment Sebastian and Olivia the passion smolders but I like how Sebastian keeps his cool. Outwardly you wouldn’t know that he is insanely attracted to Olivia; he’s not one to wear his heart on his sleeve. Olivia is not sure what to make of this man, but she knows there is more than what he presents to the world. When there is a bit of danger towards Olivia all Sebastian’s protective instincts go haywire and he can’t deny his attraction any longer. I like his concern for Olivia, not only protecting her from outside threats but his concern for her on what her life would be like if she got chained to him since he is cursed and all. What I liked even better was Olivias reaction to his impending blindness. She accepted him and what may happen with his eyesight. She was all in, it didn’t matter to her whether he could see or not, even bringing up a seeing eye avian shifter so that he could still fly. I thought that so sweet and thoughtful. Their talk about their future talk had me in an awe moment as well as well as laughing a bit. I forgot how funny Thea Harrison could be. It’s been a while since I had read one of her books so when I broke out laughing a few times, it was like an ahhh… I forgot… moment. Unexpected, but very welcome. There is also a bit of action in this book, not a whole lot, I mean it’s only about 100 pages but Harrison manages to get it in there to keep things interesting. If you enjoy this series, I definitely recommend this novella. It’s a quick fun read that fits in quite nicely with the rest of the series.

Rating: