apizzol1

Where the Night Kind Roam

I review paranormal romance, urban fantasy, contemporary romance, historical romance, new adult and some young adult.

The Temptation of Lila and Ethan (The Secret, #3)
Jessica Sorensen
Angels' Pawn (Guild Hunter, #0.5)
Nalini Singh
Making the First Move
Reese Ryan
Reflected in You - Sylvia Day This is the highly anticipated squeal to Bared to You. I read and loved the first novel, but I have to say the follow up left me wanting a bit. I am not sure I can really put a finger on what was missing with this installment, but it didn’t quite have that same pull that the first one hand. Don’t get me wrong Silvia Day has a way of writing that grips you from the beginning and holds on to you until the end and sometimes it doesn’t leave your mind until long after you’ve finished the tale. This book Is no exception, once I started reading I could not put the book down. I was up until 2:30am reading when I knew I had to be up at 6:00am. So needless to say, yet again Silvia Day has made me incredibly tired the next day at work.

Once again we are pulled into the rollercoaster ride that is Gideon and Eva’s relationship. They are so both emotionally scarred they have no idea on how to treat each other or how to have a functioning relationship. They are a chaotic mess almost perfect one minute and in the span of the next fighting, the push pull of their relationship is almost too much. Although just when I thought I had enough Ms. Day switches it up so I can’t say you ever get bored. I also, got annoyed with Eva at times I needed a break from her inner monologues and insecurities. I also found her somewhat selfish, it always was about her and what Gideon isn’t sharing and rarely focuses on what he is giving. I kind of felt sorry for the guy. I really would have liked Gideon’s POV from time to time to get a better glimpse of such an intriguing man and to get a break from Eva. (very slight spoiler) My one other issue with this book is I saw the ending coming from a mile away, it was not a surprise to me so I have no idea why it was such a surprise to Eva. She is a smart girl; I don’t understand how she wasn’t putting the sequence of events together. (End of slight spoiler)

Ok, so that was what I kind of felt like was wrong with the book and really even those were really minor issues. They only brought my enjoyment of the book down a very slight amount. Overall, I really enjoyed it, and consumed it in one sitting. I enjoy Silvia Day’s writing she has a way of pulling you in and create a scene. You have no problems visualizing what she wants you to see. It was so clear to me; I have a clear image in my head of Gideon, Eva, Cary and everything that was going on around them. The sensuality aspect of this book was off the chain; Gideon and Eva certainly know how to go at it, at times desperate for each other’s and others lazier and slow, but first and foremost loving. Their love for each other is clear and never in doubt. They may have issues but loving each other is not one of them. They scoop you up in their whirlwind and it’s an amazing ride.

As always the side characters add value to this story. I ADORE Cary and really want him to find some peace. He seemed to find a small measure by the end of the book, but not enough for my peace of mind. I want him to be truly happy! Eva’s mother cracks me up, she is so neurotic but you can’t help but love her because she has so much love for Eva and Cary both. We meet Eva’s dad and he is Eva’s rock. These characters never take away from the story and always add to it.
Rating: 4