apizzol1

Where the Night Kind Roam

I review paranormal romance, urban fantasy, contemporary romance, historical romance, new adult and some young adult.

The Temptation of Lila and Ethan (The Secret, #3)
Jessica Sorensen
Angels' Pawn (Guild Hunter, #0.5)
Nalini Singh
Making the First Move
Reese Ryan
Weekends Required - Sydney Landon This is a light, fun, easy read. A hot and steamy romance that will pass the time quickly.

Claire has been admiring her boss from afar for years. Jason is any woman’s dream man, gorgeous, rich and nice. What a combo! They have been working efficiently together for years. Whatever Jason needed done she would take care of. When Jason needs Claire to work a weekend, she is thrown into a predicament. Due to her mother’s medical bills Claire has had to take up a second job, jumping out of cakes typically for bachelor parties. The weekend Jason needs her to work she is supposed to work a party. She manages to work it up but when she jumps she is shocked to see her boss in the front row. She is even more shocked when he follows her and the scorching kiss that follows.

From there is becomes a battle of wills and misunderstandings. Claire refuses to be “controlled” and Jason is used to “problem solving”. Claire sees Jason’s help as a way to control her and it turns out Jason “helps” out a lot. So when these two are not going at it in the bedroom, they are fighting; which makes for an entertaining read and keeps things moving right along.

You know these two characters on the surface but there is not a whole lot of depth to them. You know their pasts shaped who they are today but there is not a ton of details on their childhood. We know Claire better then we know Jason, who is still somewhat of an enigma at the end of the book. We do know that Jason is kind of preachy. You like the characters but you don’t really know them all that well. I’d actually say that Suzy Claire’s best friend is the stand out character in this book. Also the romance between Claire and Jason went from 0 to 60 in 60 seconds. There was nothing and the next thing you know, they’re thinking love. It was a bit insta-loveish for me, even though they had known each other for years they had absolutely no personal relationship prior to the cake incident.

If you’re in the mood for a quick light read, I would definitely give this one a whirl. It had all the right qualities and the makings of a cute series.

Rating: 3.5 Romanticals