apizzol1

Where the Night Kind Roam

I review paranormal romance, urban fantasy, contemporary romance, historical romance, new adult and some young adult.

The Temptation of Lila and Ethan (The Secret, #3)
Jessica Sorensen
Angels' Pawn (Guild Hunter, #0.5)
Nalini Singh
Making the First Move
Reese Ryan
Rock Her - Rachel Cross Reviewed for: Lets Get Romantical

I really did enjoy this book; I pretty much consumed it in one sitting. It was a face paced with a lot going on. Both characters were pretty likable. Basic our hero and heroine were thrown together when a surfer was drowning. Kate was jogging by and ran to the rescue. Alec was nearby and helped Kate with the victim. Due to Alec’s semi celebrity status the media got wind of it and created a hailstorm.

The attraction between Alec and Kate is instantaneous. Of course Kate is predictably a virgin and the attraction scares her on one level but on the other she finally feels alive. Kate is a virgin but she’s not to naïve so it wasn’t annoying that here we have the worldly womanizer male with the naïve sheltered virgin…again… I thought the characters were believable. Kate was too busy raising her sister to really date seriously and flings when you have a teenager to raise in a small town and have an example to set is just not feasible. Alec is a former rock star and a recovering addict. The recovering aspect was pretty believable it is portrayed as a constant struggle. It is a constant balance that he has to maintain. He went from alcohol to drugs to a workaholic which is a different sort of addiction. Alec is aware of his flaws and struggles to overcome them. Of the two I probably liked Alec a bit better but not by much. Kate is a sweetheart so it is hard to dislike her.

What I don’t particularly understand is why Kate didn’t explain to her sister about their finances and father a long time ago. I understood the concept of money way before I was 18 and Kate’s not talking about it really just makes the situation all that worse as we saw here. I don’t know its kind of a pet peeve of mine to let teenagers clueless when it comes to finances, this is what leads to bad financial decisions when they are in college and then they have destroyed credit by the time they are 19. LOL. Sorry occupational hazard and I digress. Lol So I guess it’s not a bad thing that my biggest bone to pick with this book is a financial pet peeve of mine.

Overall it was a good entertaining book, that I would have no problems recommending to readers. It is steamy, fast paced with likeable characters. I was originally going to give this one a 4.5 but had to lower it a bit to 4 due to memorability. I kind of forgot I even read the book; I enjoyed it while I was reading it and even after for a while but then it slipped my mind.

Rating: 4 Romanticals

*This copy was provided to me by the author for an honest review. No other compensation was provided.