apizzol1

Where the Night Kind Roam

I review paranormal romance, urban fantasy, contemporary romance, historical romance, new adult and some young adult.

The Temptation of Lila and Ethan (The Secret, #3)
Jessica Sorensen
Angels' Pawn (Guild Hunter, #0.5)
Nalini Singh
Making the First Move
Reese Ryan
Tall, Dark, and Vampire - Sara  Humphreys Reviewed for: Where the Night Kind Roam

I wasn’t quite sure what to expect with this book, I’ve read Sara Humphreys before and enjoyed it but this is a new series. I have to say I enjoyed this book immensely. It was funny and action packed, one of my favorite combinations. Olivia was a great combination of compassionate and kick ass. She loves her “family” and would do anything to protect it, but she is not one to take shit. She is a protector by nature and will protect them to the death if she has to. Over 300 years ago she had a lover as a human, the man she was set to marry. On the night she was turned he was killed, and for 300 years she has mourned him, never so much as dating. For 20 years she has been dreaming of her former lover, Doug. As a vampire, she isn't supposed to have the ability to dream; only the fabled Bloodmates have that capability. When the Detective Doug Paxton walks into her bar investigating a murder she knows that he is her lost love only as a human he is off limits to her. Doug is a good mix of macho Alpha versus caring protector. I really enjoyed his character he takes his job as a cop seriously and truly wants justice for the victims. H immediately recognizes Olivia from his dreams and knows that she is meant to be his. All his life he thought he was incapable of relationships but in reality his heart already belonged to someone else, an unknown red headed woman. He knows what he wants and he is not willing to let anyone the way of what he wants including the woman he wants. Olivia pushes Doug away for his own protection but not even she can fight fate and Doug. In this book we are taken on a fun action packed and steamy ride. The book is hecka fast paced. I was reading along and before I knew it I was half way through the book. All of the characters including the side characters were all vastly entertaining. I am very much so looking forward to the next books in this series. I will definitely be reading them!

Rating:

4.5

*This book was provided to me through NetGalley for an honest review no other compensation was provided.