apizzol1

Where the Night Kind Roam

I review paranormal romance, urban fantasy, contemporary romance, historical romance, new adult and some young adult.

The Temptation of Lila and Ethan (The Secret, #3)
Jessica Sorensen
Angels' Pawn (Guild Hunter, #0.5)
Nalini Singh
Making the First Move
Reese Ryan
The Redemption of Callie & Kayden - Jessica Sorensen Reviewed for: Lets Get Romantical

Jessica Sorensen as done it again, Sorensen has quickly become one of my favorite authors and by far my favorite New Adult author. Callie and Kayden wormed their way into my heart in the first book. Both are just so damaged but trying to make the best of their situations. When we left the first book it was on one of the worst/best cliffhangers ever! It was doozy. When we pick up this book it is right after the events of the previous book. We find out pretty quickly the fate of Kayden.

Even though Kayden survives the knife wound in his side it is played off as a suicide attempt and he is separated from Callie. The beginning of this book is the struggle between Callie and Kayden as they adjust to Kayden’s new situation. When they finally come together it is both heartbreaking and heartwarming at the same time. Each is so terribly broken, but together they become stronger both as individuals as well as a couple. Together, yet separately they face the demons that have had them running for so long. Sorensen takes on an emotional journey along with Callie and Kayden; she is a master at making you feel what the character’s feel. You laugh, you cry, and you feel frustrated all along with the characters. I definitely cried in this book, tho I cry in almost all of Sorensen’s books. When Kayden recounts his childhood you cry for the child he was and for the man that he is becoming.

Callie also makes you tear up, she opens up more to Kayden about her own trauma and again you feel a loss of a childhood, innocence torn from a young girl. You’d have to be ice to not feel anything for these damaged characters. When Callie opens up to those she needs to most it’s a bit anti-climactic, but at that point it was almost a perfect way to approach it. By this time, Callie was healing, she was moving past her 12th birthday, and she was starting anew and no longer living in her fear. When it all went down, she became the strong one, she had to be. Kayden was there with her in spirit and in body.

This book was definitely steamier from the first and Callie explores her sexuality with Kayden. Although Kayden was the one the experience when he is with Callie, it’s almost like he’s experiencing things for the first time as well. While Callie and Kayden take their emotional journey Seth and Ethan of course are right there with them. Ethan, in particular is still a bit mysterious and we want to know more about him; which is a good thing since his book is next and I cannot wait for it. It looks like it’s going to be GOOD and I would not expect anything less from Jessica Sorensen.

Rating: 5 Romanticals

*This copy was provided through NetGalley for an honest review, no other compensation was provided.