apizzol1

Where the Night Kind Roam

I review paranormal romance, urban fantasy, contemporary romance, historical romance, new adult and some young adult.

The Temptation of Lila and Ethan (The Secret, #3)
Jessica Sorensen
Angels' Pawn (Guild Hunter, #0.5)
Nalini Singh
Making the First Move
Reese Ryan
Three Little Words  (Fool's Gold #12) - Susan Mallery Reviewed for: Lets Get Romantical

Review:
Another hit in the Fools Gold series, I mean really you can’t go wrong with this series when you are looking for something light hearted that will give you a little pick me up. Like the rest of the books it is quirky and humorous. In this one, Ford a Navy Seal is terrified of no one or nothing except his own mother! TO get her off his back he manages to convince Isabel to be his fake girlfriend. Isabel isn’t quite sure how he gets her to convince her to be his pretend girlfriend but here she is doing girlfriend duty. From the start of the arrangement it doesn’t really feel fake to the reader. The chemistry between Isabel and Ford is anything but fake. I like the angle of Isabel writing to him all of those years and a young girls letters becoming his anchor in the midst of war. It’s very sweet! This whole book is sweet. I really enjoyed how the whole book played out.

As an added bonus we also get Consuelas Happily Ever After. Consuela and Kent get almost as much page time as Isabel and Ford, which really picks up the pace of this book. Two books in one, score! Consuela is tough as nails but has always wanted a normal life, but her’s has been anything but. When she meets Kent she is terrified of him and what he makes her feel. There is no way someone as normal as Kent could ever go for a rough around the edges killer like her. Kent is great! He knows that Consuela has done some things she is not proud of, but he never lets that get in the way. He always treats her like a cherished female. He knows she knows at least 50 ways to kill him, but he trusts her with not only his body but his heart as well. We don’t get to know Kent as well as we do Ford, but you have a pretty good picture of him by the end of the book. This is not our first rodeo with Consuelo so we know more about her. It’s good to see her soften a bit, but not too much because that’s just not her. She stays pretty true to her character.
Another great installment that I thoroughly enjoyed! Great job Susan Mallery, we have come to count on your light hearted romances that will give you a good chuckle!

Rating: 4.5
*This copy was provided to me through NetGalley for an honest review, no other compensation was provided.