apizzol1

Where the Night Kind Roam

I review paranormal romance, urban fantasy, contemporary romance, historical romance, new adult and some young adult.

The Temptation of Lila and Ethan (The Secret, #3)
Jessica Sorensen
Angels' Pawn (Guild Hunter, #0.5)
Nalini Singh
Making the First Move
Reese Ryan
Blue By You - Rachel Gibson Reviewed for: Where the Night Kind Roam
Lets Get Romantical

Blue By You by Rachel Gibson is another hit in the Rachel Gibson collection. It is no secret, that I adore Rachel Gibson, she is one of my favorite authors because every time I pick up a Rachel Gibson novel, I know I am going to laugh and it’s going to be a heartwarming tale. Blue By You is no exception to this rule. For the first time by Rachel Gibson we are taken to the Louisiana New Orleans area, which I really fell in love with. True to RG style, she gives us a small town that is quirky and fun. The rival families is quite fun and I loved how they joked about their ancestors.

Kasper (loving the name) and Blue had one night together 20 something years ago and now they meet again and the attraction comes back just as strong as it was when they first met. Blue is rightfully pissed about how Kasper hit it and quit it all those years ago, I mean a girl always remembers her first. Kasper is determined to make up for his Houdini act, he is finally ready for the feelings that Blue inspires. He has his work cut out for him, but he is a man determined to get what he wants and he sets out to put in work. I quite enjoyed Blue and her non-conformance attitude; we opened with Blue drinking on her front porch while everyone else was at church. It had my chuckling on the inside. She also doesn’t give into Kasper too quickly; she does make Kasper work a little.

In this novella we flash from the present to the past and back to the present, which for me worked for this book. It gave us the history between Kasper and Blue, which was needed. The past and present plotlines were seamlessly plotted out. There was plenty of humor to keep you chuckling throughout the book. My biggest and really only issue with this book was it was too short; it really needed to be a bit longer for it to really develop. I truly hope that we get more books in this setting. I really enjoyed this setting and hope we get to visit it again.

*This book was provided to me through Edelweiss for an honest review, no other compensation was provided.