apizzol1

Where the Night Kind Roam

I review paranormal romance, urban fantasy, contemporary romance, historical romance, new adult and some young adult.

The Temptation of Lila and Ethan (The Secret, #3)
Jessica Sorensen
Angels' Pawn (Guild Hunter, #0.5)
Nalini Singh
Making the First Move
Reese Ryan
This Girl (Slammed, #3) - Colleen Hoover Reviewed for: Lets Get Romantical

This book is a look at Slammed from Will’s POV, their first meeting, what was going through his head when he found out that they could not be together and the other important parts of Slammed. If you have not read Slammed I do not recommend starting with this book as it is not a full accounting of Slammed, but just parts of it.

What I liked about this book besides it’s in Will’s POV is the back and forth between present day (on their honeymoon) and the past. There was a back and forth so you a little bit of their newly married life and those important moments in Slammed that tugged at your heart. And trust, Slammed tugged at your heart and in Will’s POV those moments do not lose that same feeling as from Lake’s POV and in some cases Will might just tug a little more. I didn’t end up crying in this book like I did in Slammed, mainly because I knew what was happening so nothing was a surprise but it was still intense. This was a great retelling from a males perspective. Hoover does a great job of getting into Wills mind and making us feel what he did. Definitely one of the better male POV books I’ve read.

I don’t really feel like this book was necessarily needed to round out this series, I could have left at the end of book 2 and been happy but it is not unwelcome. It was nice to connect with Will and Lake again and feel their breathtaking romance all over again. If you’re a fan of this series you will definitely love this book!

Rating 4 Romanticals

*This copy was provided to me through NetGalley for an honest review. No other compensation was provided.